Outlined below are the warranty policies for coverage on our products. You can find the warranty of a certain product under the product descriptions.
Our product warranties are covered by;
ICON Health & Fitness
Boyles Fitness Equipment
ICON HEALTH AND FITNESS, INC
AUSTRALIAN LIMITED WARRANTY
For Customer Care – Please call 1800 993 770
ICON HEALTH AND FITNESS, INC
AUSTRALIAN LIMITED WARRANTY
For Customer Care – Please call 1800 993 770
ICON Health and Fitness, Inc (“ICON”) warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship, if the product has been:
- operated in accordance with the conditions of use below and any instructions; and
- used exclusively for personal household or domestic use for the periods set out in the table below, which begin on the date of first purchase from
ICON, subject to the terms below (“Limited Warranty”).
WARRANTY PERIOD BY PRODUCT
Parts 2 year
Labour 1 year
Bikes, Ellipticals, Rowers
Electronics 2yr parts/ 1yr labour
Frame & Hardware 2yr parts/ 1yr labour
In relation to any warranty period exceeding 1 year, the Limited Warranty is for parts only and does not include shipping or labour which will be charged to the customer separately.
Any Limited Warranty replacement parts shall be warranted for the remainder of the Limited Warranty term applying to the product.
Beyond this time, you are not entitled to the return of any parts or products replaced under this Limited Warranty, although you may have other rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law.
Limited Warranty Exclusions and Limitations. This Limited Warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is not transferable. If the serial number is removed, altered, or defaced, this Limited Warranty is void. You will be required to provide the serial number at the time of claiming warranty.
Without limiting any statutory rights which may be available to you in respect of the product, including those under the Australian Consumer Law (which is Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), this Limited Warranty will not apply to:
- Any alteration or repair of the product not authorised by ICON;
- Any product used as a floor display or not covered by an original manufacturer’s warranty, for example any used, reconditioned or demonstration produce sold “as is”, although you may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law;
- Any product used other than in accordance with the instructions provided by ICON;
- Any product used other than for its designed, recommended or intended purpose;
- Any product which is incorrectly installed or set up;
- Any product damaged during installation (unless installed by an ICON approved installer);
- Any product supplied outside Australia;
- Damage to the product from failure to perform the recommended maintenance as detailed in the instructions, user’s manual and/or warranty provided
with the product;
- Any defects caused by accidents, natural disasters, lightning, water, fire, wind, storms or caused by abuse or theft of the product or in the case of electrical products, is due to surges in the electrical power to which the product is connected;
- Any product used for commercial or rental purposes;
- Any product stored or used outdoors;
- Normal wear and tear of the product;
- Damage caused through incorrect adjustment to treadmill walking belts, drive belts, bike handle bars, seats and pedals;
- Damage (including rust) caused by usage or storage in the incorrect environment and contrary to the recommendations contained in the instructions or user’s manual supplied with the product;
- Any adaptation or changes to the product which are not in accordance with the instructions or user’s manual supplied with the product;
- Damage resulting from:
- Abuse, misuse, excessive use, failure to follow instructions, improper or abnormal usage;
- Alteration, modification, defective installation, maintenance or repair of the product;
- Any power supply fault in ancillary equipment used with the product;
- Pests, mice, cockroaches or other insects;
- The entry of foreign matter into the product including liquid, moisture or dirt;
- Repairs not provided by an ICON authorised service provider; and
- Salt build-up or rust corrosion.
- Any product ICON reasonably believes has been stolen; or
- Expendable parts such as paint and finish.
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law and except as expressly set out in this Limited Warranty, this Limited Warranty is the exclusive warranty provided by ICON and supersedes any prior, contrary or additional representations whether oral or written. To the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, any implied or express warranties or guarantees imposed by law are limited to the terms of the Limited Warranty.
To the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, neither ICON nor its agents or employees shall be liable for the loss or use of any product, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss or any other indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss or damage due to breach of the Limited Warranty or any implied warranty or guarantee.
Claiming under this Limited Warranty. Proof of purchase in a form acceptable to ICON must be presented to make a claim under this Limited Warranty. You will be required to provide the serial number at the time of claiming warranty.
Prior to making a claim under this Limited Warranty, you should seek diagnostic assistance by calling the toll free number, 1800 993 770 or by email email@example.com. Should the problem not be resolved by phone or email, where the product is within the geographic area set out below, under this Limited Warranty ICON will arrange a warranty service by an authorised technician (proof of purchase must be provided prior to a technicians visit). This may require ordering and replacement of parts prior to the technicians visit. Upon the technician servicing the product, ICON may at its sole discretion elect to:
- Replace the product or supply an equivalent product;
- Repair the product; or
- Refund the purchase price of the product or pay the cost of replacing the product.
In the event that ICON elects to replace the product under this Limited Warranty, ICON may require you to return the item to the place of purchase to receive your exchange. If ICON provided the initial installation then, and only then, will ICON provide a re-installation service. This Limited Warranty does not extend to any costs associated with the installation, de-installation or re-installation of a product and it also excludes all damage relating to transporting or incorrect assembling of the product, although you may have other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Once a Limited Warranty claim has been validated in accordance with the above procedures:
- In-home Limited Warranty service is available within 70kms of Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane or 35km from the place of purchase, whichever is greater.
- Outside these areas we reserve the right to charge you a travel fee under this Limited Warranty to cover the technicians travel expenses. This does not guarantee service will be available outside of the Limited Warranty service area but we will quote and assist where we can;
- The product may be returned to the place of purchase for Limited Warranty repairs. Under this Limited Warranty, shipping of the product is at your expense. Please check with your retailer as to the specific arrangements.
All service will be performed during normal working hours by ICON’s authorised service provider. Where equipment is required to be serviced outside the normal servicing hours, an additional fee may apply.
Under this Limited Warranty, ICON is not responsible for the costs of freight, postage, insurance or lost or misdirected products. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product to the place of purchase or ICON’s authorised service provider, although you may have other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Mandatory Rights. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent ICON cannot lawfully exclude any applicable implied or imposed statutory rights relating to an ICON product, nothing in the Limited Warranty affects such rights. If you are a consumer, this Limited Warranty applies in addition to the rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Conditions of Use. The following conditions of use must be complied with in order for you to make a claim under this Limited Warranty:
- All warnings, safety precautions, owners’ instructions, terms and conditions must be read and understood prior to assembly and use of this product;
- Do not use the product for anything other than its intended use. This product is for personal household or domestic use only;
- Do not use the product if it has missing parts;
- Do not use the product if it is damaged;
- Do not use product if it is wet or rusted;
- Do not allow young children or infirm persons to use the product;
- Do not assemble or use the product on unsteady, slippery or soft ground. The product must be assembled and used on a dry, flat, solid and steady ground with adequate clearance from any hazards or surrounding walls which could interfere with the safe operation of the product;
- Regularly inspect the product for any damage. If damaged in any way, immediately cease use of the product;
- Keep young children away from the product at all times. Contact with moving surfaces on treadmills and ellipticals may result in severe friction burns;
- keep any bolts, washers, screws and other small items, which can be swallowed, out of reach of children;
- The installation of an electrical safety switch is highly recommended for electrical products;
- Keep all electrical products unplugged when not in use; and
- Prior to beginning any exercise routine, Icon recommends that you seek medical clearance from a qualified medical practitioner.
ICON Health and Fitness, Inc., Unit 6, 12 Boden Road, Seven Hills NSW, 2147.
BFE Warranty Policy – November 1st 2013
- When purchased from an authorised BFE distributor the BFE warranty shall guarantee that all framework and components of your product are free from faulty manufacture. All faulty framework and components will be repaired or replaced as set out in this policy. All warranties in this policy apply to INDOOR HOME/DOMESTIC USE ONLY.
- These warranties do not apply to products used in commercial use applications.
- Warranty DOES NOT cover normal wear & tear and excludes faults due to misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly or lack of general maintenance.
- Warranty is applicable to products sold and placed within Australia only.
- IMPORTANT. Most of BFE products are pretested and we have inspectors checking all products prior to shipment. The number one reason for a fault is due to INCORRECT ASSEMBLY.
If you do have problems please go back to the start and double check your assembly and pay special attention to all WIRING connections. If you have accidently cut or damaged the wiring please let us know and we will be happy to send you a new set at no-charge.
If you have done this and are confident you have double checked your assembly and are still having problems please email our service department at firstname.lastname@example.org including your best contact details ,proof of purchase, serial number and a brief explanation of what is wrong.
Emailing is the quickest and most reliable way to get your service request processed. Once we have your details we will either call or email you back with the next steps. The quickest way, once we determine the problem and send you a replacement part, is that we can talk you through over the phone on how to fit it.
If it is deemed by our service tech that it is too difficult, we can arrange (where available) a service technician.
NOTE. If we arrange for a service technician ( where applicable) and it is found that it is not a manufactures fault and found to be an assembly issue , normal wear and tear, transport damage or misuse then there will be a call out fee of $140 depending on location. (Surcharge applies for non-metro areas)
WARRANTY TERMS- Warranty commences from the date of purchase from the retail store. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser and is NON transferable. Warranty is void if the serial number of the product has been removed or tampered with.
Warranty does not apply to defects, faults or failures due to:
- Defects caused during assembly or failure to assemble to the assembly manual provided. Assembly errors include but are not limited to damaged wiring harness, stripped crank arms and or pedals and bolts used in the wrong locations.
- Lack of general maintenance and or failure to service or maintain the equipment in accordance with the user manual specifications and recommendations. This includes a lack of lubrication between the deck and the running belt and or incorrect alignment/ adjustment of treadmill belts that result in damage.DO NOT USE WD40 or anything simular.
BFE only recommend to use the factory supplied lubricant or our LUBE-N-WALK kit.
You can purchase from your retailer or call us direct on 02 46 366 680.
- Power Surges. The computers, control boards and motors are very sensitive to power fluctuations. You must use a surge protector on all items that plug into your mains power otherwise your electronics will not be covered by this warranty. You can purchase these from numerous retailers or you can call us on 02 46 366 680 to get a price.
- User negligence, abnormal or excessive use, misuse, abuse or transport damage.
- Repairs, alterations or modifications by NON BFE authorised service technician.
- Accident, fire, flood or malicious damage by third person.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Failure to keep the product in a clean, dry environment causing rust. You should wipe off any sweat and moisture after each training session.
- Any products sold or placed in an application or the incorrect environment that is not recommended by BFE or as not stipulated in the owner’s manual such as a commercial / rental environment will void the warranty set forth by BFE
BFE will have the option to repair or replace any product which requires attention under the warranty.
NOTE: Lifetime refers to the warranty coverage of the units expected service life. NOT the lifetime of the purchaser.
Servicing/Spare Parts- As with any mechanical equipment general maintenance should be performed on a regular basis by an authorised retailer or service technician. This will ensure longevity of the product and ensure that it is kept working in optimum condition. Failure to properly maintain your equipment may lead to safety issues and may also void the warranty.
You should only use genuine BFE replacement parts otherwise the warranty will be void.
The cost of freighting the replacement part under warranty to the customer shall be free of charge. Your requirement is to return the faulty part via the pre-paid postal service which we will supply.
The unauthorised return of parts or product shall be refused and placed in the hands of the carrier at the cost of the shipper. Return authorisations can be obtained from BFE head office only.
Service Department hours: Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 4pm
Service Phone Number: 07 3272 7010
PLEASE NOTE: that Authorised service technicians do not reside in all areas of this vast country. If you live beyond the reasonable service area of a metropolitan area, BFE may not be able to support the labour portion of the product warranty. Alternatively you can return (at your cost) your product to the closest BFE repair centre, where it will be fixed at no charge under the warranty period.
Metropolitan Area- defined as no more that 50km from G.P.O in all capital cities.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a ‘Major failure’ and for compensation for any other Reasonable foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of an acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
BFE does not assume , nor authorise any representative or other person to make or assume for BFE , any warranties whatsoever, whether expressed or implied, in , in connection with the sale, service, or shipment of our products.
BFE reserve the right to make changes and improvements in our products and specifications without incurring any obligation to similarly alter products previously purchased.
This warranty operates in addition to other rights and remedies available to consumer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
All Vuly products are sold with a manufacturing warranty, which assure that the item is free of defects in workmanship and materials (“warranty”).
Vuly offers the longest and most extensive warranties in the market on all our trampoline models. We provide comprehensive after-sales service, which we believe encourages the customer to purchase a Vuly trampoline instead of those of our competitors.
9.1. Warranty periods
Warranty periods do not reset for any reason, unless the customer purchases a new product. In this case, that particular item will be covered by its own warranty period. It does not affect – nor will it increase – warranty periods for other purchased items.
Warranty periods always commence from the date of item delivery.
9.1.1 Models from 01/12/2008 – Present
This warranty is for use under normal conditions, and it applies for:
- 120 months [10 years] to the Frame Tubes and Joiner Poles.
- 60 months [5 years] to the Springs (excluding Leaf Springs), and Jump Mat (excluding the print).
- 12 months [1 year] to all other parts of a purchased trampoline – e.g. Safety Padding, Safety Net, Net Poles, Leaf Springs.
- 12 months [1 year] to purchased accessories – e.g. Mister, Deck – not received during a promotional period.
- ?3 months to any items received at no cost as part of a promotion – e.g. ‘Free Shade Cover’.
The customer may extend the standard 12-month [1 year] warranty to 36 months [3 years], if they purchase an extended warranty within 7 days of their delivery date. No extended warranty is available on standard warranties that are over or under 12 months [1 year].
9.1.2 Models before 01/12/2008
Vuly’s aforementioned warranty applies to Vuly Trampolines and Trampolines Australia trampolines sold after 1st December 2008. These are the trampolines with Square T-sections.
If a customer purchased an earlier model trampoline – with a rounded T-section – the warranty, for use under normal conditions, applies for:
- 36 months [3 years] to the Frame Tubes, Joiner Poles and Net Poles, Springs and Jump Mat (excluding the print).
- 12 months [1 year] to all other parts of the purchased trampoline – e.g. Safety Padding and Safety Net – and accessories.
This warranty covers manufacturing faults and defects only.
If a product is damaged or rendered unsafe as a result of a departure from its design specifications during production, this constitutes a manufacturing fault or defect.
This may occur if – for example – use of incorrect textiles during manufacturing causes a Safety Net to disintegrate, or if improper welding produces an unstable Frame.
9.3.1. Damage through wear and tear
This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear of the product. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Rusting of steel components,
- UV deterioration of textile components,
- Stretching of springs.
As outdoor products that are actively used, trampolines and their accessories will experience wear and tear over time.
9.3.2. Damage through weather conditions
Damage to the product that results from weather events – such as rain or wind – are not covered under the warranty. Vuly suggests that you contact your home and contents insurer if your trampoline is damaged by such events.
9.3.3. Damage through improper installation
This warranty does not extend to any failure of the product caused by installation not in accordance with the Vuly Manual. Customers must assemble their Vulyproduct by following carefully the Installation section of their Vuly Manual.
Furthermore, the warranty does not cover installation provided by a third-party assembly service. It is the customer’s responsibility to check all boxes and confirm that all components are included in the correct condition before installing.
9.3.4. Damage through insufficient care or maintenance
This warranty does not extend to accelerated decay of the product caused by poor care or maintenance. It is essential that customers regularly check, and follow the advice of, the Care and Maintenance sections of their Vuly Manual to ensure that their product lasts as long as possible.
9.3.5. Damage through inappropriate use
This warranty will be void if the product is used for any other activity besides those for which it was intended. Vuly products constitute recreational trampolines and accessories for such trampolines. They are not intended for use as professional, gymnastics trampolines, springboards, etc.
Any evidence that inappropriate actions that have led to product failure will not be covered by the warranty. Similarly, replacement parts or repairs needed to mend such damage will not be covered under the warranty.
9.3.6. Personal Injury
The warranty does not cover personal injury or losses due to any of the above: wear and tear, weather conditions, inappropriate installation, insufficient care or maintenance or inappropriate use, nor does it cover damage due to negligence or accidents.
9.4. Warranty Claims
If a customer believes that a Vuly product is faulty or defective, they must discontinue use and submit a Warranty Claim.
A customer must not attempt to use a product if any part is faulty or defective, as it may be dangerous. Any damage that the user causes as a result of using faulty or defective products will lead to voiding of the warranty.
9.4.1. Making a Warranty Claim
To fulfil a warranty claim, a customer must submit an online Warranty Claim at www.vulyplay.com/support.
Submitting the online Warranty Claim form requires the customer to provide:
- Details of their purchase – including date,
- Batch number,
- Clear photographic evidence of the manufacturing fault or defect.
If the customer does not provide all details that the form requires, their Warranty Claim will not be assessed.
Vuly may take up to 7 days to process Warranty Claims upon a completed submission. It may take a further 12 days for replacement parts to reach the customer.
9.4.2. Successful Warranty Claims
If Vuly accepts a customer’s Warranty Claim, Vuly will replace the faulty or defective parts, not offer refunds.
Successful Warranty Claims lodged within 7 days of the delivery date
Vuly will replace the damaged parts free of charge. Vuly will also cover any costs associated with shipping the replacement part.
Successful Warranty Claims lodged after 7 days of the delivery date
Vuly will replace the damaged parts free of charge. The customer must cover any costs associated with shipping the replacement part.
In all instances of successful warranty claims, Vuly offers replacements parts only. Vuly provides refunds only at their discretion.
9.4.4 Claiming on non-Vuly products
Products sold alongside Vuly that are not Vuly-branded are subject to the warranties provided by the companies that supply them. The customer must contact these external companies to make a warranty claim; Vuly itself will not assess claims made against non-Vuly products.
9.5. Australian Consumer Law
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.